“No one thinks Las Vegas is real; it is illusion, but visitors willingly suspend disbelief and pretend” (Hal Rothman)
“The secret of Vegas is that money is boring. Hence all the bluster.” (Jace Clayton)
Let’s face reality. I never will “buy into” the idea of finding a stroke of good luck at the casino gambling table. I’m bored with the repetitive task of pulling slot machines with infrequent payoff success. Dense crowds, stifling heat, and traffic gridlock along the Las Vegas strip seem harder to tolerate in my increasing quest to find peace and serenity in retirement. I rarely stay in one place long enough to consider a time share as well.
So why did I bother to convince my wife to schedule Las Vegas as a featured road trip destination this spring? To answer this perplexing question, I would observe some new perspectives of Las Vegas charm explored by day/ night on our current four day stay there. The following photographic display thus reveals eight self- uplifting perspectives about Vegas for me beyond its gambling reputation.
1. Embrace Changes In Self Identification
2. Behold A Welcoming Oasis Spirit
3. Immerse Mind in Sensory Overload
4. Leave Neurotic Fears Behind
5. Have Fun Getting Lost On The Strip
6. Seek Health Cures In Non Traditional Ways
7. Fulfill Travel “Bucket List” In Vegas
8. Embrace Illusions That Old Heroes Never Die